Thursday 11 March 2010

Question Time

I noticed that quite a few girls have been tagged with various questions. Now, as I am new to this blogging malarky nobody has tagged me yet, but I thought it might give an idea of my current likes and dislikes if I added a few questions and answers, so here goes. I am also really interested to know what products you like and if you have any recommendations.
Enjoy.

SKINCARE
-How many times do you wash your face daily?

Twice, morning and night with Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser
-What skin type do you have?

My skin is annoying dry but it does mean I don’t every spots or suffer with shine – every cloud and all that.....

-What is your current facial wash?

Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser although I do also have the Liz Earle Cleanser than comes with the hot cloth as well.
-Do you exfoliate?

Yes but not all the time as I like to use fake tan and don’t want to scrub it all off!! When I do exfoliate I use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – do you see a pattern here??!!

-What brand do you use?

See above – Dermalogica all the way!
-What moisturizer do you use?

Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance although I would love to vary it and try something else – if only I could find something as nice and moisturising as this product. Recommendations welcome.
-Do you have freckles?

Yes but only when the sun shines, so I have none at the moment!!
-Do you use eye cream?

I am in the process of finding something suitable but have very sensitive eyes. I purchased a Ren eye cream at the weekend and my eyes have been weepy and sore ever since so need to find something else.
-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?

Never. You could say I am lucky but I can’t let a drop of water touch my skin without getting a terrible tightness on my face.

MAKE-UP

-What foundation do you use?

NARS Sheer Glow at the moment. Previously I used NARS Balanced.
-How about concealer?

Don’t really use a concealer. I am allergic to Touch Eclait so tend to steer clear of similar products in case they give me red eye.

-Do you know your undertone color?

No I don’t although I like yellowy/golden toned foundation if that helps.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?

Love them!! Would love to get them professionally applied on a regular basis but the cost puts me off.
-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?

Yes although I do generally keep them for a bit longer than that.

-What brand of mascara do you use?

Max Factor, Lancome or Dior.Most recently I have been using Max Factor Lash Extension Mascara. It is okay but I wouldn’t rave about it.

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?

Smashbox brushes – they are great and I would highly recommened.
-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?

Yes I am using Benefit Lemon Aid at the moment. Not strictly speaking a base but I like it.

-For the face?

I use the NARS primer more for its moisturising qualities than anything else. It gives my skin a lovely glow!

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?

This is a tough one but I would have to say Mac All That Glitters or Mac Cranberry.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?

I use pencils and gel liners from Mac, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown and Barry M.

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?

I like Mac pigments and do own a couple but the colour is a bit strong for everyday use.

-Do you use mineral makeup?

I have a couple of Mac mineralise bronzers.

-What is your favorite lipstick?

At the moment it is MAC Creme d'Nude.

-How about lipgloss?

Bobbi Brown Buff.
-
What is your favorite blush to use?

I have only recently started to use blush as I always thought I was too rosy. My favourites are Mac Sincere and Mac Margin.

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?

Not really, have bought the odd Smashbox item but I generally search for Shabby Chic Homeware and don’t have time for anything else ha ha.
-
Do you like drugstore makeup?

Yes I do. My favourite product is probably Barry M.


-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)

I sometimes go to the store at Bicester Village. I got a lovely Prescriptives palette last time I was there.

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?

No not really. I am not claiming to be the best in the world by any means but I did A level art and have a very steady hand so have always been okay at applying make up to myself and friends, Mums, Grans, Sisters etc!

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?

It has to be the dreaded foundation line on the jaw line!

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?

I love neutrals although have recently become more daring and use a Stephanie Pratt style blue eyeliner sometimes.

-Which celebrity always has great make up?

I always think J Lo gets it right. Her skin is just amazing which must help. I also like Cheryl Coles make up and the way that she has used it to really transform her face and make herself look beautiful.

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?

As a fair haired girl it would have to be mascara!

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?

Yes, I never wear it when I walk the dog – she loves me just the way I am!

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?

Hhhmmm this is debatable. My friends always compliment my skin and think I don’t need foundation (as if!!). I look okay but a bit tired with no eye make up as I have fair eyelashes and blue/green eyes.

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?

I would have to say NARS as I would purchase anything from there – foundation, blusher, eyeshadow etc. I do love Mac but I think their foundation is geared more towards normal/oily skin so would not purchase that.

-What do you think of Makeup?

From a very young age when I used to scan through my mum’s Avon catalogue of different eye shadow styles, I have always loved make up. I am quite an arty person and love the challenge of creating different looks. I also love trying out new products and more recently, writing about them! That has become my new passion!

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers! I really feel like trying Dermalogica and NARS now, LOL! And I really want Creme D'Nude, for some reason it never makes it here =(
    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty clear that you love make-up! :) hahaha, so do I! ♥
    Your blog is very cute. Following ^^
    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete