Saturday 8 May 2010

Long time no post...

I haven’t posted anything on my blog in ages.



I started a new job in March, then all sorts of things happened including my wonderful Grandpa passing away and time just seems to have run away with me. And here I am in May and thinking it really is time that I thought about updating my blog!!


A few months ago I mentioned that I wanted to try and get my hands on a decent eye cream. Well, the mission is still in progress and unfortunately I have still yet to find a ‘perfect’ contender.


I tried a product by a company called Ren and though it was okay and I loved the philosophy of the product – all very natural and organic ingredients – unfortunately I was allergic to it and it gave me sore eyes!


Space NK were really great and immediately gave me my money back but I still haven’t been able to find anything that I really love.


I have tried out samples of the following products and I think that the Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm for Eyes is possibly my favourite although I do also like Advanced Eye Complex by Nude. It is expensive at £62 for a small tube but I have had two samples and do really like the product, also I am not allergic to it which is always good!


Dermalogica Multivitaim Power Firm


Nice soft consistency and smells gorgeous. More of a night time product really as it doesn’t seem to blend too well under make up but it smells lovely and suits my skin really well. I would be tempted to buy this to use at night, I just prefer to try and vary my skincare products a bit and seem to only ever use Dermalogica!!! I suppose it works for me though….


Nude Advanced Eye Complex


It claims to dramatically lift and tighten eyes and while it didn’t really do that for me, I do rate this product and find that it moisturises the delicate eye area really well without being too heavy. I have had two small samples of this and then got another when I purchased some new bits and pieces from Space NK last weekend so that will keep me going for a little while longer.


Ren Lipovector Peptide Eye Cream


This is a light eye cream that really felt like it was tightening the eye area and improving the look of the skin in the area. Sadly it gave me terrible itchy eyes as I have very sensitive skin but otherwise it was perfect and had I not been allergic it was definitely my favourite!


Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair


Well what can I say? It was okay, just didn’t blow me away. It didn’t irritate my eyes or anything like that, it just didn’t feel like it improved the skin around my eyes. Perhaps I would need to buy a full tube to get the proper effect as I just had a tiny tube that came free with my moisturiser.




I would really like to try Kiehls Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment before committing to the Nude Advanced Eye Complex because I have heard really good reports about it. Plus Kiehls is one of my favourite brands - Crème De Corps is a fantastic product when you have dry/dehydrated skin like me!


Otherwise I will have to stay true to Dermalogica, as their products suit my skin really well, and purchase Multivitamin Power Firm.


On another subject my skin in general has been pretty poor recently. I have had quite a few spots and also dry patches that look like spots. I think that it is due to stress but have booked myself in for a facial next weekend in the hope that I can try and get it back on track again. It will be my first Crystal Clear Facial so I will let you know how I get on.


Which eye treatments or creams do you use?
And have you ever had a Crystal Clear Facial?
I would love some recommendations especially if you have dry or sensitive skin like me.

Jody xx

No comments:

Post a Comment