Wednesday 24 February 2010

Fave lipsticks and glosses

For absolutely ages now my favourite lip gloss combo has been Mac c-Thru paired with Mac Creme D’ Nude. I love the consistency of Mac lipsticks, they are so creamy, non drying and even taste nice! They also don’t stick to your lips to give that horrible chapped lip effect – so not a good look.
But, last week I had my highlights done and made the huge decision – one that I have been pondering over for so long – to have my hair colour lifted so that I have a nice creamy light blonde. I totally love it although it was a bit of a shock to the system to start with. My lovely hairdresser Fi came over to my house to do it for me and while we bonded over jacket potatoes and talk of nights out and holidays, my somewhat mousey hair was transformed into a lovely Sienna Miller style blonde.
And so, it has meant that I have had to totally reassess the makeup situation. What looks great on darker blonde, can make a lighter blonde look a bit washed out. So I took a trip to my local Bobbi Brown counter and tried out a couple of new colours. The lady I spoke to was lovely and so helpful. She seemed to really know and understand the look and effect that I was after. The result was the purchase of a fab new lip gloss in Buff and a liner in Heather Beige. She lined my lips after applying the gloss which is something that I don’t usually do, in fact I haven’t used a liner for quite a while and am really glad I have started to use one again. It really seems to help plump up the lips and make them look fuller and healthier.
I will upload a picture this evening so that you can get an idea of the look.
So there we have it, my new fave colour combo Bobbi Brown Buff and Heather Beige Lip Liner and one that I would totally recommend to people with blonde hair, blue eyes and a fair to medium complexion. It is a great nude shade but without washing you out and making you look pale.

No comments:

Post a Comment